Sunday, October 3, 2010

Halloween Extravaganza - Day 3

Day 3 of my Halloween Extravaganza features a really neat idea for a grown-up treat!  Why not decorate a wine bottle for your favorite wine aficionados? 


For my wine bottle, I used the Trick or Treat letterpress plate from the Holiday Mini Catalog.  This is such a neat, new product!  Check out the bottom of this post for a great Stampin' Up! video tutorial on how to use our new letterpress plates!


For my label, I used the Trick or Treat letterpress plate with Basic Black craft ink on watercolor paper.  I also used my color spritzer tool (nicknamed "Squishy") and my markers to apply splashes of Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie and More Mustard.  I finished it off with a couple of spritzes of Gold Glow Smooch Spritz. I inked the edges in black and layered it on a mat of Cajun Craze before applying it to the bottle with Sticky Strip tape.


The stamps used in this project are from the House of Haunts stamp set.  My hanging tag was made using the same inking techniques I used for the label.  I punched it out with our new Decorative label punch from the Holiday Mini.


For the tag that goes around the neck of the bottle, I used the Two Tags SU Bigz die, and stamped my image on it.  The I used my 1-3/8" circle punch to punch a hole in the scalloped end for thew neck of the wine bottle.  I used my 1-3/4" scallop circle punch and 1-3/8" circle punch to make the black accent.


Lastly, I stamped the pumpkin and punched it out with my 1-1/4" circle punch for the top of the wine bottle. 


Here is a great video tutorial from Stampin' Up! that tells you all about our new letterpress plates and how to use them!




See you all tomorrow for Day 4!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search My Blog