Sunday, July 29, 2012

Petite Purse Die

I have really enjoyed using the petite purse die! It is so easy to assemble, which is why it has been my "go to" die for a couple of recent projects where I had to make multiples!

These are the thank you gifts I made this month for my club members:


I love using window sheets for my treat boxes whenever I can! I filled these with either jelly beans or m&m's. Since these candies are so small, I used transparent tape at the two bottom side edges to make sure nothing fell out. I also used a small piece to make sure the flap stayed securely closed. With the thicker acetate, it is hard to get it to hold the rounded shape and stay closed. :-)

In place of the handle cut by the die, I chose to use some ribbon instead. The sentiment was stamped and punched using the lovely little labels stamp set and the coordinating little labels punch set.

I used the Boho Blossoms and Bird punches for the flower accents. When making multiple embellishments like these, I like to assemble and layer them like so on a strip of glue dots:

A second project I made with the petite purse die was a set of 80 treat bags for the teachers and staff at my son's school. Inside were a few star peppermints and a coupon for a free class of mine. I made them in all assorted colors coordinating with the Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Search My Blog