Thursday, December 16, 2010

November Club Projects

Wow!  Sure has been a while since I've posted!  I am bit behind, and for that I'm sorry!  The holidays are just such a very busy time for me!  Needless to say, I have a whole lot to post, and then I'll probably be MIA again until after the holidays!

So here we are... club projects from last month! :o)  (Like I said... I'm Sorry!!!!) lol

First, we made this fun oragami box - perfect for holding a special gift for a special someone!  My inspiration and the full instructions can be found here!



For our version in club, we used Very Vanilla 12 x 12 card stock (textured) for the box and then covered it using the Jolly Holiday DSP.  The stamp sets used were Winter Post and Perfect Punches.

Our second project was a twirling card I designed, where the little snowman twirls around when you open it! (Stay tuned for a tutorial!) We used many great techniques to finish it off!


We embossed the front of the card with the Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and then used a Versamarker to ink the top of the snowflakes and heat emboss them with Iridescent Ice embossing powder.

We used the Cute Christmas stamp set and colored our snowman image using Aqua Painters and classic ink. Our color palette was Blushing Bride, Baja Breeze and Whisper White.  After we colored our snowman, we also used the Versamarker and Iridescent Ice embossing powder to give him some sparkle!


The inside of the card was decorated with some snowflakes from the Northern Hearts Level 1 hostess set in the holiday mini (Did you know these snowflakes perfectly match the ones in the embossing folder?) ;o)  We also stamped "Have a Cute Christmas" underneath our snowman on the left side.


My favorite aspect of the card was the ribbon dying!  We died a piece of Very Vanilla Seam Binding with Blushing Bride ink!  I have a video tutorial I am putting together for this technique, so stay tuned! :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search My Blog